Shalanin printing works (19, Rostovskaya Street).
Opposite the Simeon’s church is a 19th century construction currently used as a trading house. In 1879 the city printing works with ten workers was opened by Shalanin brothers where a century ago opulent citizens ordered their cards, invitation letters, greeting cards and various bills. Magazines published by Pereslavl city Duma were also printed there. Behind the printing house there was a public garden. Stretched till the Komsomolskaya street the garden had another access from Torgovaya (Trade) Square. Maintained by the Merchant Public Assembly this place was used by the citizens for recreation. According to the contemporaries’ evidence the people of Pereslavl “peacefully played cards, billiards, and danced to the tunes of a non-pretentious orchestra”, organized and performed in theatricals “always with a charitable cause”.